Cala Bona is a beautiful destination on the island of Mallorca that captivates travelers from all over the world with its Mediterranean charm. Perhaps it is because of its history, its fascinating beaches with crystal clear waters, its gastronomy or the range of activities on offer, but Cala Bona will not leave you indifferent.
At ROIG we want to tell you everything you need to know about Cala Bona in Mallorca to fall in love with this natural paradise.
What you can do in Cala Bona
Cala Bona used to be a small fishing village that centered its entire life around the port. However, with the boom in tourism, numerous resorts and luxury hotels came to the village, but the essence of its origins has always been preserved. In the harbor, for example, you can see the Llaüt boats, small old boats that were used for fishing.
If you want to know what you can do in Cala Bona, read on!
- Enjoy the beach: The calm, crystal-clear waters of Cala Bona are ideal for swimming, snorkeling or simply relaxing on the sand with a good book. Cala Bona beach is one of the most beautiful bays in Mallorca and is ideal for sunbathing and swimming in the Mediterranean.
- Boat trips: On a boat trip, you can see the coast from a different perspective and admire the breathtaking panorama of the area. Some tours also include a stop for snorkeling or fishing.
- Visit the harbor: The marina is one of the most beautiful sights in Cala Bona. It is a very lively place, perfect for a stroll along the quays to watch the boats and enjoy the maritime atmosphere.
- Cycling and hiking: The region around Cala Bona offers routes for cyclists and hikers of all levels. You can start by taking a walk along the beach promenade, where you can get to know the coast of Cala Bona.
- Excursions in the surrounding area: If you are one of those persons that can’t sit still on vacation, Cala Bona is a good starting point for discovering other parts of Mallorca. For example, you can visit pretty villages such as Son Servera or discover the Drach caves, which are known for their underground lake where music shows are performed.
- Golf: If you are a golf lover, you will want to take advantage of your vacation to play golf. Very close to Cala Bona you will find several high-quality golf courses, such as Pula Golf or Canyamel Golf.
- Local markets: At the local markets of Cala Bona you will find fresh produce, handicrafts and unique souvenirs to take home with you after your vacation.
The best restaurants in Cala Bona
The culinary offer in Cala Bona and Mallorca in general is exceptional. In the good traditional restaurants you can try fresh fish, seafood and local specialties of the area. Mallorcan cuisine is delicious, and remember that this is an essential part of your vacation experience – here are the best restaurants in Cala Bona!
Sa Punta is a restaurant overlooking the port of Cala Bona, known for its high-quality local produce. On the menu you will find good fresh fish and seafood, a selection of the best Mediterranean dishes and an extensive wine list to accompany your meal.
Alma Mía is located right by the sea and offers a very personalized service with a waiter who is always at your disposal. The menu is very varied and the homemade pizzas stand out, which will delight your palate with their special blend of flavors. We recommend you try the Mallorcan pizza with sobrasada sausage.
Mediterránea in Cala Bona specializes in grilled meat, fish and paellas. It is located right by the sea, so you can enjoy a complete experience accompanied by the lapping of the waves. The chef’s recommendation is the lobster paella, do you dare to try it?
Rope and Archor
Rope y Archor is one of the best restaurants in Cala Bona. It’s a quiet place, with a good atmosphere and delicious food. The menu is full of delicacies, not least the potato and sausage dish, theowner’s favorite.
Son Floriana is a special restaurant that is a must for anyone who loves authentic gastronomy. This place is quite exclusive, as it was created to escape the summer hustle and bustle of the area.
The latest car rental deals at ROIG
What you should know about Cala Bona beach
The vacation village of Cala Bona is located near Son Servera, in the northeast of Mallorca, very close to Cala Millor. It is a vacation destination with a blue flag beach, ideal for families with children, couples who want to relax and older people who want to enjoy the sea and the sun.
It is one of the safest and cleanest beaches on the island of Mallorca, known for its tranquillity and easy accessibility. The beach is not very large, but it has everything you need to relax, such as sun loungers, parasols, beach bars, showers, etc.
Along the beach promenade you will also find numerous stores and bike rentals, so you have everything you need within easy reach in one of the most beautiful corners of the island of Mallorca!
Now you know everything you need to know about Cala Bona in Mallorca, one of the paradises of this Mediterranean island. If you want to get around the island and explore every corner at your own pace, you need a car. At ROIG we have been offering our customers car rental in Mallorca for more than 70 years and we are known for the seriousness, professionalism and experience with which we work. Take a look at our website and find the perfect rental car for your trip to Mallorca.